Copyrights & Trademarks
Establishing the value of intellectual property is one of the big fights of the information age, but wherever one might stand on the issue it’s clear that the role of the law in that discussion is only growing more important.
At Geek Law I want to make sure that my clients are protected, whatever that means for their particular plans. This could include:
- Consultations about what sort of intellectual property protection is appropriate.
- Registering copyrights, or handling issues with the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Registration of trade or service marks, whether just a search of handling the entire process.
- Trademark oppositions or other complications that can arise during the process.
- Selection or examination of various open source, Creative Commons, or other licenses.