It doesn’t matter whether you are an indie videogame developer, a one-woman webcomic creator, or are just turning a hobby into something bigger; there are a hundred good reasons to form a business. The trick is in making sure you not only choose the right type of business entity, but that you do everything necessary to start off on the right foot.
One of the reasons I founded Geek Law was make sure that independent creators were able to protect themselves, and clients are able to get everything from a simple entity selection consultation to a step-by-step walkthrough of the entire formation process. Clients will also be armed with the knowledge of what they need to do in order to maintain their business after formation as well as why those steps are necessary.
- Business entity consultations.
- Basic business formation filings with the Secretary of State.
- ‘Doing Business As’ registrations.
- Creation of personalized documents like Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, and By-laws.
- Other related legal concerns.